Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Been a Long Time

It has been over three months since I last posted on Rosey.  My house is still coming together wonderfully.  I have put so much time into re-acquainting myself with having my own home again.  I have sewed curtains and pillows, scoured antique malls, painted and sanded furniture, arranged and rearranged.  It is more work getting back into the swing of cooking and cleaning, while holding down a full-time job, and being a wife and mommy. I can honestly say that life has never been happier for me.  When I come home at night, and my daughter runs up to me to say "I poopied my pants", I am given extreme joy.  I love scouring the Internet for recipes and other home ideas.  

Besides settling into our house, Dahlia turned 2 last month.  


My best friend, and event planner extraordinaire, took some fabulous pictures of the birthday bash.  She featured them on her blog here.

I have also recently started a new hobby, that I am absolutely obsessed with.  Sewing clothes.  This is something that I have ALWAYS wanted to do.  I used to watch Project Runway (when it was still on Bravo and good), and get inspired to sketch my own designs.  All the while, letting my poor Hello Kitty Janome machine sit in my closet unloved.  That has all changed.  I bought a pattern and went at it.  So far, I am two skirts and one dress down.  


First skirt.  It turned out well and looks more A-line in person, than pictured.  I effed the zipper area up, but it is still looking great in my opinion.


Second skirt.  I tried the same pattern, but put in more pleats so it would be poofier.  The fabric is sturdier than the gingham is, and I am just in love with it.  

So more to come.  To be honest, the invention of Pinterest has totally taken me by storm.  I have been madly addicted to it.  I have decided to get back down to the basics.  Work on Rosey again, continue pursuing my hobbies and working towards improving myself every day.






No comments:

Post a Comment