Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

DIY Mercury Glass

It is true...you can make your own mercury glass.  Being one of the most popular home decor accessories, and a must for my new home, I decided to try this myself.  The process is one of the simplest things that I have done.  Simply take your glass object and spritz water into the inside.  (FYI, it must be an object with an inside and outside, as the spray paint used must be used on the opposite surface that you want show).  Use "Looking Glass" spray paint from Krylon.  It is the most amazing stuff that I have used from Krylon.  It gives the glass a mirror look.  Spray until you get the look you are going for.  With the water sprayed inside, you can take a plastic bag and blot out spots to give it an aged look. Just play with it.





No comments:

Post a Comment