Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring is Here

To celebrate the first 70 degree day of the year, I wore my first spring dress of the year.  It was exhilarating to not have to pull on my black opaque tights, that have been a staple of my winter wardrobe.  Instead, I opted for my white, untanned legs.  I did lather them with some baby oil lotion, to add a little glisten down under.  One of my favorite things to do at night is search the web for perfect dresses. Direct from modcloth.com, one of the best boutique stores online, I thought I would share some of the best finds of the day.  







Spring always makes me think of an inviting kitchen with the windows down, the air flowing, and full of flowers fresh from the farmers market.  

Bragging Bags on Etsy.com makes this gorgeous rustic barnwood vase that is perfect for roses, daisies, and everything in between.



A kitchen, even the oldest kitchen, stuck in a stuffy apartment,  can be brightened with some beautiful dishtowels.  My rule is to always keep the nice towels off limits from being used.  I lean one over the sink, and one over the oven handle.  My husband has always ignored this rule.  

These enviable towels are from Anthropologie.  








I would like to end this post with my jewelry pick of the day.  Although it has been difficult for me to accept and believe, cameos are back kids!  I have always viewed cameos as a thing that Victorian era women wore, while taking a stroll in the garden.  Alas, they are making a comeback like no other.  These are two cameo rings that would go with any spring outfit.  



To celebrate spring, wear a dress without tights.  Buy some flowers and put them in a pretty vase.  And look through your grandma's jewelry box for a vintage ring.  










No comments:

Post a Comment