Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Headboard





I purchased an oak and particle board layered piece of wood at the ReStore a couple of weeks ago.  I had been looking for an old door to repurpose into a headboard for months.  When I laid eyes on this 66" piece of wood, my heart jumped up and down with excitement.  To others, this is just a crappy piece of wood, but to me it is perfect.  I also picked up a small paint sample can in Benjamin Moore "Silver Mist".  All together it cost me $20.50.  Tonight I painted the headboard with two coats of the paint.

My next step has been inspired by The Show and Tell Blog.  Shauna give's a tutorial on how to glaze furniture.  Post paint, I am going to glaze the headboard to give it an aged look.  Below are some images of her tutorial.  I really really hope that it turns out well.





My future home is coming together so nicely.  I cannot WAIT to have my own home again.  Excitement does not even describe how I am feeling about the future.







No comments:

Post a Comment