Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

No Pictures Only Words

I had two job interviews today.  I drove far and away for one and then back home for the second.  I am drained and exhausted.  I feel like now that I know who I am so much better than I did even three months ago, maybe I am going in the wrong direction.  I am at a crossroads.  The husband has an interview tomorrow at ten.  The bright side is that by getting better jobs, we can move into our own beautiful place, even if it is a cheap apartment.  I can slather it with removable wall paper and can put funky furniture finds from the Vintage Vogue in it.  I can make it my own.  I can have my own vanity and an area just for painting and creating.  Dahlia can have her own room.  I can have a big closet.  In the end, that is what I have been craving the most...my own home.  You never know what you have until it is gone.  I never appreciated being surrounded by my furniture and knick knacks that I had accumulated over the years.  I was only able to bring the necessities to my basement, and often think of things in storage that I can't locate.  My milkglass vases, my Martha Stewart Guide to Homekeeping, my book of Sewing from my mom.  I can't even remember everything that I have stored in there.  I fear that I have evolved so much over these few months, that I will unpack my home decor and decide to get rid of it all.

I will post tomorrow after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment